For Fur Babies




Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hillbilly Hygienist

Well... Wednesday I went to the periodontist to see if he could do an immediate implant for my broken off upper left lateral (#10) and low and behold he said he could.  So his hygienist Jamie numbed me up.  Jamie and I took our local anesthesia course together about 6 years ago I guess.  She did an awesome job too didn't feel a thing :-)   So the doc takes out the remaining root and then Shannon his assistant does a iCat scan of my head, which I got a copy of being the tech head I am.  I love looking at stuff like that. Any who... then he proceeds to put in the implant.  Boy that was a head rattling experience.  About an hour and a half later implant is in and I'm on my way back to the house.  Now we wait and see if it integrates with the bone and in 4 months we can start to build my new tooth on it.  I hate the appliance I'm wearing to replace my missing tooth though. It's a pain and makes my other front teeth sore if I wear it all day.  I'm getting another type of appliance to replace this one which should be more comfortable but I have to wait till the lab gets it done :/  So right now I am truly the hillbilly hygienist.  

All I want for Christmas is my left lateral...my left lateral...my left lateral...hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment